The application, Slack, is additionally subject to the Slack Terms of Service (ToS).
If you have any questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for our Services. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to us or on the Services. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. What Information Does Company Collect?
- Account information: Your name and email address you provide during account creation, and your employer name, job title/role, and social media (LinkedIn.com) URL.
- Application data: Any data that you add to Measure Slack (such as comments, links, images, etc.) is stored in our systems. Additionally, when you use our application, we store some usage analytics and any crash reports sent from your client. Your usage of the Slack client includes passing information such as a user ID, username, and other characteristic that may be identifiable such as messages you send.
- Usage data: We collect information about the devices you use to access our services. This includes things like product version, and identifiers of your devices.
- Cookies and other technologies: We use “cookies” on measure.chat and its subdomains. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive, to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to login a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
3. Will Company Share Any of the Personal Information It Receives?
We may share information as mentioned below but we do not sell it to third parties.
- The Measure Chat Team: Information may be shared internally to help provide, improve, protect, and promote our service.
- 3rd Party Applications: By using Measure Chat behavioral data and in-application comments will be sent to 3rd party applications, remember that their use of your information will be governed by their privacy policies and terms.
- Legal: We may disclose your information to third parties if necessary to comply with the law.
4. Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your Personal Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
5. What Personal Information Can I Access?
As a user of Measure Chat, you may access all behavioral data collected by Measure Chat and data collected by 3rd Party Applications, to the extent that Measure Chat has access to said data. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. What Choices Do I Have?
You can always opt not to disclose optional information, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some features or participate in conversations.
You may request deletion of your information by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records, for example in our archives, after your request of deletion of such information.
8. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
For this section, we use the terms “Personal Data” and “processing” as they are defined in the GDPR, but “Personal Data” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data such as collection, use, storage and disclosure. Company will be the controller of your Personal Data processed in connection with the Services. Note that we may also process Personal Data of our customers’ end users or employees in connection with our provision of services to customers, in which case we are the processor of Personal Data. If we are the processor of your Personal Data (i.e., not the controller), please contact the controller party in the first instance to address your rights with respect to such data.
What Personal Data Do We Collect From You?
We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such information directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
Information we collect directly from you: We receive Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data, including without limitation the following:
- First and last name
- Company name
- Email address
- Job Title / Role
- Social Media (LinkedIn.com) URL
By using Measure Chat behavioral data and in-application comments will be sent to 3rd party applications, remember that their use of your information will be governed by their privacy policies and terms.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services. For example, we use Personal Data to:
- Create and manage user accounts
- Communicate with you about the Services
- Contact you about Service announcements
- Provide support and assistance for the Services
- Personalize communications based on your preferences
- Respond to user inquiries
- Fulfill user requests
- Resolve disputes
- Protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions
- Enforce our Terms of Service
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful basis for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below.
- Contractual Necessity: We process the following categories of Personal Data as a matter of “contractual necessity”, meaning that we need to process the data to perform under our Terms of Service with you, which enables us to provide you with the Services. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Services that require such data.
- First and last name
- Email address
- Social Media (LinkedIn.com) URL
- Legitimate Interest: We process the following categories of Personal Data when we believe it furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties.
- First and last name
- Email address
- Request Date and Time
- Job Title / Role
- Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Operation and improvement of our business, products and services
- Marketing of our products and services
- Provision of customer support
- Protection from fraud or security threats
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Completion of corporate transactions
- Consent: In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
- Other Processing Grounds: From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
How and With Whom Do We Share Your Data?
- Hosting service providers
We also share information with third parties when you have given us consent to do so (as indicated at the point such information is collected).
We also share Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
- Protect us, our business or our users, for example to enforce our terms of service, prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud
- Maintain the security of our products and services
Furthermore, if we choose to buy or sell assets, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party, and we would share Personal Data with the party that is acquiring our assets. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data?
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you are a user. In some cases, we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation.
Afterwards, we retain some information for historical comment and discussion context.
What Security Measures Do We Use?
We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity.
What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data?
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Filter: Your information may be filtered from reporting systems for non-inclusion in reports shared. This does not erase your data but rather does not make your data access to users viewing reports where this functionality is possible.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Company’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
Transfers of Personal Data:
The Services are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through Company and its service providers, and laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside.
By using the Services, you acknowledge that any Personal Data about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to Company in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize Company to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries.
What If You Have Questions Regarding Your Personal Data?
If you have any questions about this section or our data practices generally, please contact us using the following information:
Name: Measure Chat
Phone number: +1 617-520-4520